Be a part of a child's story
Have you ever thought about opening your heart and your home to a foster child? Each week, children in our Western Illinois area are in need of a safe and loving home. Chaddock is consistently rated as one of the top foster care agencies in the state of Illinois. Foster parents shape lives and in the process experience both the challenges and rewards that come with the task. You don’t need to be perfect to provide a welcoming, safe home for a child - you just need to share the belief that every child deserves a chance, and be willing to share your love with those who are truly in great need.
If you are married, single, male, female, young, old, with no children, grown children, children at home, living in town, on the farm, in a big house, or renting an apartment, Chaddock can help you take that next step to becoming the family a child needs.
Become a Foster Parent
The process begins by contacting our Foster and Adoption team, who will contact you to set up a meeting right in the comfort of your own home. We will answer your questions, discuss your foster parenting goals and reviews all steps in the process. It's important to remember that the first meeting is simply informational. Should you decide to move forward, then you will have the full support and guidance of our team!
Completion of the foster parent licensing process does not require you to participate as a foster parent. If you find upon completion that foster parenting is not for you, you have the option to withdraw from the program at any time.
If you decide to accept a child into your home, Chaddock staff will work with you to find the child that best fits your family, and a family that best fits each child. Foster parents always have the final say on placement decisions.
Foster Care Services
- Two Levels: Relative and Traditional
- Licensed Foster Homes
- 24/7 Case Manager/Supervisor
- Highly Trained Therapists
- Extensive Training/Continuing Education
- Family Coaching
Take the Next Step
The ultimate goal of our foster care program is to provide a safe and loving home for children in need. Every effort is made to heal broken family units and return children to a secure and caring home with their birth parents. When this is not possible, we work to transition children into permanency.
When permanency becomes the next step and foster parents express a desire to make a child’s placement permanent, Chaddock facilitates foster care conversion adoptions.
Chaddock solely provides the contracted adoption conversions service through the Department of Children and Family Services and adheres to the rules and procedures outlined by the State of Illinois. Chaddock is licensed by the State of Illinois, as a Child Welfare Agency.
- Adoption Attorney Available
- Home Study
- FBI/ISP Fingerprinting
- Home Visitations
- Family Home Assessment
- Child Abuse & Neglect Tracking System Search within the State of Illinois
- Criminal Search with the Office of the Inspector General
- Interview with School Providers, Service Providers and Medical Providers (if Appropriate)
- Reference Checks
- Questionnaire Reviews
Families must complete a background check. Family members 18 and older must also complete a finger-print background check.
Adoptive Parent Eligibility Criteria
All adoptive parents must meet State of Illinois Licensing Standards for Foster Family Homes.
- All household members must provide medical evidence that they are free of communicable diseases or physical and mental conditions, which affect the ability of the family to provide care.
- Criminal background clearance for all household members age 18 or older and CANTS clearance for all members 13 years or older. Certain criminal convictions prohibit an individual from being licensed.
- Applicants must be 21 years or older.
- Home must meet standards for space and safety.
- Applicants will be required to participate in a training program.
All fees for adoption conversion services rendered are provided by the Department of Children and Family Services, not the adoptive parent.
Chaddock does complete private adoption home studies for a fee for those families seeking to adopt a child privately.